This recipe comes from Mayumi's kitchen (formerly macrobiotic chef for Madonna) and is frequently whipped up my house because so quick and easy with no refined sugars or flours. Hardest part is to stop my 3 year old from sneaking them off the biscuit tray...
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour or rolled oats run through blender until fine (which is what I do - takes about a minute)
- 1 cup spelt or barley flour (I have wholemeal spelt flour in my house)
- dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond oil (or use macadamia, avocado, olive oil instead)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- sugar-free raspberry jam (I like the St Dalfour brand)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Place Dry Ingredients in one bowl and all Wet Ingredients in another. Mix well separately, then add Wet to Dry ingredients and mix just enough to blend
3. Use a teaspoon to make 25-30 even-shaped balls. Place on a baking paper lined tray.
4. Make an indentation in each ball with your index finger and place a dollup of jam in each hole. Kids love helping with this part!
5. Bake for 15 mins or until done.