Tips for a great Christmas family portrait:
- get everyone to stand or sit very close together- no gaps, shoulder to shoulder
- make sure you choose a neutral background, for example trees or bushes in your backyard
- try and find a spot in the shade, without direct sun or dappled light and have the light behind you (the photographer)
- If you have to shoot indoors avoid the flash and use a higher ISO setting like 400 or 800 ISO instead
- If you want to hop into the shot too you can put the camera on a tripod and set the self timer
These tips should help you to capture those family moments you will always look back on.